Saturday, August 1, 2009

Response to Josh's Post

So in case you couldn't tell, the post the other day was by Josh. This is Hannah, here to respond to Josh's post with some comments of my own.

I am aware that most men do not really care about planning their own weddings. I guess most men feel that this falls under the woman's role in a relationship. Now, despite the fact that I believe fairly strongly in traditional gender roles, I cannot imagine planning my wedding without the partnership of my best friend and love of my life, Josh. It astounds me that some men will not step up to plan this important day with the woman that they love. So many men, that wedding vendors cater almost exclusively to the bride.

I am extremely grateful for my wonderful fiance who trusts and loves me as an equal partner. I am so glad that I don't have to beg him to help me plan this wedding. I know how upset he was at his treatment at the tux rental shop. I implore all men out there to plan their own weddings. Your fiance will love you for it (just in case she doesn't love you already)

Over and OUt

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment